Author Topic: "Partial" full screen  (Read 974 times)

nelsonhf

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
"Partial" full screen
« on: October 19, 2016, 03:24:33 pm »
I want to see only my document in the editor, no menus, toolbars, tool windows, etc, but I need SlickEdit to only occupy half of the monitor.
"fullscreen" will do what I want, except that it will maximize SE.

I thought "def_fullscreen_maximize_mdi" was just for that (from the help: "Should fullscreen mode maximize the editor to use the entire screen? If disabled, fullscreen just swaps in the fullscreen toolbars, but the editor maintains the same size and position."), but the value to which I set it doesn't make any difference (that I can tell).

I am using SlickEdit Pro 2016 (v21.0.0.12 64-bit) under Windows 7 x64, two monitors, both with resolution 1920 x 1080.

Anyone can help with that? Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 03:26:14 pm by nelsonhf »

Mike

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 20
Re: "Partial" full screen
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 04:27:04 pm »
I executed the following on the SlickEdit command line (To see the SlickEdit command line, press Esc in most emulations or just left click in the status bar.)

set-var def_fullscreen_maximize_mdi 0

If I then 'View > Fullscreen', it seems to be behaving as you expect on my Windows 10 machine.
(It swaps in the fullscreen toolbars, but the editor maintains the same size and position.)

Edit: I just tested this on Windows 7 and it seems to be working there also. I think the set-var command above should take care of you.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:32:54 pm by Mike »

nelsonhf

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 06:49:50 pm »
Thanks! :D
Of course, it was operator error... I was using set def_fullscreen_maximize_mdi=false  :P (should have added that to my message). When I used set-var, it started working!
In the process, I found that unpinning toolbars works pretty well, too!

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 429
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 11:46:14 pm »
I'm adding that option to the Advanced Appearance options for the next release.