Author Topic: SlickEdit 2016 Math Command Behavior Change?  (Read 1084 times)

mek

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
SlickEdit 2016 Math Command Behavior Change?
« on: October 19, 2016, 09:53:30 pm »
I just recently upgraded to SlickEdit Pro 2016 (v21.0.0.12 64-bit).

When using the math command from the command line, the results of the operation is no longer displayed on the message line, but rather placed on the clipboard, while instead displaying "Selection copied to clipboard" on the message line...

Is this a bug or a configurable behavior?  If a behavior how do I restore it to the previous (< 2016) behavior?

Thanks
mark

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 377
Re: SlickEdit 2016 Math Command Behavior Change?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 10:07:26 pm »
The result is still placed in the message line. The primary results is also copied to the clipboard.

mek

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 10:33:49 pm »
Well it's not the behavior I'm experiencing.  The copy clipboard status message appears to be overwriting the Math results in the message window... (see attached images)

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 10:43:41 pm »
Looks like you found a bug. There must be something configuration specific. The math command displays a message and then calls _copy_text_to_clipboard(). If you try a default config, I suspect you'll see what I'm seeing. Looks like for you, _copy_text_to_clipboard is overwritting the message that was displayed.

We will change the order of this so the math command message can always be seen.

mek

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 10:57:38 pm »
First, thanks for looking into this so quickly.

You are correct.  If I start VS with a new configuration, it works like it used to... Strange thing is all prior versions worked correctly with my current configuration.  Looking at the math and clipboard code between 2015 and 2016, while there are changes the main execution path as I see it has not changed (always displayed the math results and then updated the clipboard with the results) -- so I'm at a loss as to the behavior difference.

Looking forward to getting my lighting-fast hex converter back  :D

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 11:01:34 pm »
This will be fixed in the next hot fix.