Author Topic: Procedure for changing behaviour of SlickEdit macro function getMultiFileStatus?  (Read 3679 times)

dickb

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
This function is provided in macros\se\vc\SVN.e and does not behave as I like; specifically, the compare workspace command (also, directory) with Subversion shows files that are SVC_STATUS_NOT_CONTROLED.

I can easily add a continue to an if statement within a for loop in getMultiFileStatus and have uncontrolled files omitted from the list.

This means amending Slickedit macro code, which is overridden on each upgrade. What's the canonical way of making a change like this?

I also have to remember the st command --- how does that mean compile macro?

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
There's no canonical way that I know of.  Maybe put the files that you want to change into revision control.  Ideally, if you have maintenance and support, ask slickedit support for help with it.

I don't think upgrades will overwrite the file with your changes in it because upgrades have their own new installation folder.  Hotfixes are a mystery.  Loading a hotfix used to result in a bunch of slick C source and .ex files arriving in a hotfix folder in your configuration folder.  The latest 21.0.0.12 hotfix I just loaded leaves only a zip file in the hotfix folder.  I don't know why .ex files from the hotfix aren't kept around, considering that the installation macros folder includes a bunch of .ex files.  The latest hotfix also includes a 10MB state file.  I can't imagine what this is for but hopefully it doesn't result in you losing your slick c changes.

Another complexity is the fact that many slick C source files use #import and #require of other slick C source files e.g.
#require "se/vc/IVersionControl.e"

You should probably use the Load Module command in the slickedit Macro menu to load a source file.  The load command won't recompile a slick c source file if it hasn't changed.

If you haven't seen it maybe have a look at SlickCMacroBestPractices.pdf in the installation docs folder.