Author Topic: how can I create my own form with auto-hide button when the form is docked?  (Read 6442 times)

hellohello008

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
I want to create some forms like  SE's "projects"-"ftp"-"open"-"classes" toolwindow which can dock and auto-hide.

but when I create a simple form, it can not work . when it is docked ,no auto-hide button in the right top of form, an right click on it, no "auto hide" menu item too.

I have copied codes from the toolwindow "tbopen.e", made a form with same properties as   SE's "open" toolwindow. 
But it works all the same with the "open" toolwindow except the auto-hide function. no auto-hide button yet.
puzzled

Any hints on how this could be done is appreciated.
thanks a lot

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
I want to create some forms like  SE's "projects"-"ftp"-"open"-"classes" toolwindow which can dock and auto-hide.

but when I create a simple form, it can not work . when it is docked ,no auto-hide button in the right top of form, an right click on it, no "auto hide" menu item too.

I have copied codes from the toolwindow "tbopen.e", made a form with same properties as   SE's "open" toolwindow. 
But it works all the same with the "open" toolwindow except the auto-hide function. no auto-hide button yet.
puzzled

Any hints on how this could be done is appreciated.
thanks a lot

Hello.

When you create a new toolbar (view -> toolbars -> customize -> new)  there is a checkbox named "sizeable" - you need to check it.

Graeme

hellohello008

• Community Member
Hello.

When you create a new toolbar (view -> toolbars -> customize -> new)  there is a checkbox named "sizeable" - you need to check it.

Graeme

Graeme,

it works!
I have been puzzled for the last whole night.
^_^,thank you very much. thank you

next, I want to use this form to list all project files's name( or all open file's name), and put a "Text box" control on the form to filter files's name.
SlickEdit list project files by category without filter(or I haven't find the way yet).
Because I have many files in the project. If there is a filter, it will be easy to active the file just like what I usually do in SourceInsight.
Is there any other easy way?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 06:04:55 AM by hellohello008 »

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Slick V12 has a new files toolbar that allows you to filter the files shown -  V12.1 (coming soon) will have improved performance.

Have you seen the "open files from project" command on the project menu?

If you want to write your own, you could try looking at the project_load function in slick C source and maybe adapt it  - HS2 might have done it already if you want to search the forum.

Graeme

hellohello008

• Community Member
Have you seen the "open files from project" command on the project menu?

If you want to write your own, you could try looking at the project_load function in slick C source and maybe adapt it  - HS2 might have done it already if you want to search the forum.

Graeme

Graeme,
   Thanks for your reply。Yes, the form opened by "open files from project" is just what I am looking for, although the font in listbox seems a little strange.   
   And I find the "Link Window" command can list all opening files, though there isn't a filter.
   Expecting Slick V12's coming soon, I am more and more interested in slick now。