Author Topic: Project Wildcard editing  (Read 1658 times)

rgloden

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 5
Project Wildcard editing
« on: May 31, 2010, 10:09:38 PM »
Need the ability to edit the Wildcard Definition to change the path for files to in a project.

In my environment, the path contains the version number and date of the current release which means the path to the source code changes quite often.  Currently, the only option is to delete the current Wildcard definitions and create new ones.  If would be much easier if a selected Wildcard entry could be edited.

Shelku

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Project Wildcard editing
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 03:30:03 PM »
In the project properties dialog I would like to be able to double-click on the wildcard filter and have it open the properties instead of having to click the properties button

Similarly, I would like to be able to remove files from the project by right-clicking on them in Projects tool window and getting a context menu for filtering out the file - perhaps something like TortoiseSVN's "exclude *.[ext]" or "exclude [filename]" options.

pmwhite

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 7
Re: Project Wildcard editing
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 10:40:19 PM »
chrisant, I have version 16.0.3 but without any hotfixes. I am glad that there's a fix for this.

Another feature request, very minor: when people add files to a project using a wildcard, they typically want to add several filespecs. For example, I may want to add *.cpp, *.h, and *.hpp files in the same directory. But to do this, I have to either re-navigate to the directory for each one, or to remember to copy the filespec before clicking Ok. The problem is that there's neither a "Clone" action for an existing wildcard entry, nor is it possible to copy the filespec from the Properties window of an existing wildcard entry.

My suggestion is to either add a "Clone" button that'd open a new Add Wildcard window with the filespec pre-filled but editable, OR (easier) change the Properties window to make the Filespec field selectable (while still read-only, if you must).