Author Topic: minimap view of the document  (Read 2678 times)

dunkers

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 36
minimap view of the document
« on: March 03, 2011, 02:09:23 PM »
The most obvious thing with Sublime, which I'd love to see in SE, is the minimap view of the document. I wouldn't die for it, but I'd be prepared to kill  ;D

pmwhite

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 7
Minimap feature (like Sublime)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 09:15:23 PM »
Any plans to add the Minimap feature of Sublime Text? "See your code from 10,000 feet."

Glajan

• Community Member
Re: Minimap feature (like Sublime)
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 07:07:02 AM »
Any plans to add the Minimap feature of Sublime Text? "See your code from 10,000 feet."

I like that feature to in Sublime Text.

I have tried Sublime Text and it is good but not as good as SE.

However, I also like how easy it is in Sublime Text to change the size of the Font ... which gives an awesome and easy way to zoom in and out in the code. Just use cmd (or ctrl) and + or - to zoom in and out. That is an easy an good feature I would like to see in SE and it would be a good alternative to the 10.000 feet feature.

evanratt

• Hero Points: 23
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 08:48:26 PM »
However, I also like how easy it is in Sublime Text to change the size of the Font ... which gives an awesome and easy way to zoom in and out in the code. Just use cmd (or ctrl) and + or - to zoom in and out. That is an easy an good feature I would like to see in SE and it would be a good alternative to the 10.000 feet feature.

I have wfont-zoom-out bound to Ctrl+PadMinus, wfont-zoom-in bound to Ctrl+PadPlus, and wfont-zoom-standard (my own function that just calls wfont_zoom("11") ) bound to Ctrl+PadStar. Does this do what you want?

Glajan

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 09:43:58 PM »

I have wfont-zoom-out bound to Ctrl+PadMinus, wfont-zoom-in bound to Ctrl+PadPlus, and wfont-zoom-standard (my own function that just calls wfont_zoom("11") ) bound to Ctrl+PadStar. Does this do what you want?

I will try it =)

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
Re: minimap view of the document
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 07:57:53 PM »
Just a heads-up.  The minimap feature is now available in the version 23 (now in beta).