Author Topic: Save restore information per project rather than workspace  (Read 1794 times)

thierry.caussat

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Save restore information per project rather than workspace
« on: January 05, 2011, 05:47:49 PM »
Save context at project level:

That would be nice if current opened windows were saved at project level instead of workspace level. That will allow reloading automatically windows corresponding to actual project as soon as project set as active.

JeffB

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 14
Re: Save restore information per project rather than workspace
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 08:30:24 PM »
1. Store the placement and size of VS with the project/workspace.  I regularly use multiple projects at once, and it'd be nice to have each project go back to the size and position on the screen where I left it when I closed it, rather than pick up the last saved size/position of any other project I closed.

2. User-definable window/toolbar configurations, ie. View modes.  Select Mode A and a certain set of toolbars in a certain configuration appear.  Select Mode B and a different set in a different configuration appear.  Sony Vegas Pro did this a couple of years ago and it has been very useful.

3. I typically use two windows, and have "Multiple files share window" set.  I'd like the MDI container to manager all the windows in a maximized state, such that if I resize something like the file list or references toolbar, all MDI child windows shrink or grow to stay maximized in the MDI container.  Currently, I avoid resizing anything since it means also manually resizing the editor windows.  I realize there are limits to this.  For instance, the windows must be non-overlapping.  Maybe the "Tile" and "Tile Horizontal" settings could be sticky, so that they automatically run when the MDI container changes sizes.  Even better may be having preset MDI layouts, for instance, 2 horizontal tiled windows on the left, and 1 window on the right, or 2 windows vertically tiled....

dunkers

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 36
Re: Save restore information per project rather than workspace
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 10:53:16 PM »
I'd like all three of JeffB's wishes as well, please :)