Author Topic: Would it be possible to get slickedit to use TotalView for debugging?  (Read 3422 times)

MJWhiteman

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
I know that slickedit can do remote debugging using gdb/gdbserver. However, gdb doesn't work very well on the code I work on, whereas TotalView does.

Do you think it would ever be possible to use Totalview to debug through SlickEdit? It seems to have a fairly rich command line interface that could be used to send commands and receive the responses?

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 64
Re: Would it be possible to get slickedit to use TotalView for debugging?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 08:05:04 pm »
It certainly is possible. Hooking up a debugger interface like this is a fairly large task for us, so we only do it for those that are very widely used. We'd have to determine that a significant number of our users would want this before I could commit to this effort. I'll do some research. In the meantime, see if you can whip up some support for this from the masses.
 ;)
--Scott

gregos_b

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
I've got some problem with gdb in remote configuration too. Scott, what is the result of your research to integrate TotalView debugger in SE ?

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 64
There really doesn't appear to be much demand, at least from our existing customer base. So, I can't see expending the large effort to hook this up at this time.