Author Topic: Folder support in Workspaces, limit searches to projects(s)  (Read 2402 times)

ErikS

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Folder support in Workspaces, limit searches to projects(s)
« on: October 06, 2011, 03:28:53 PM »
1. Folder support in Workspaces: ability to organize the projects in a workspace into folders under the workspace.
2. Find/Replace dialog support for finding only in specified projects: Ability to select which projects to include in the search/replace. Also, if 1. above is implemented the ability to select projects by workspace folder.
3. Similar support as 2. but for the "Go to References" function. Also, ability to set default set of projects the Go to References function searches.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: Folder support in Workspaces, limit searches to projects(s)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 03:33:38 PM »
@ErikS: As for #2, The arrow button next to the Look in: field has menu items to set/append projects by name (Projects...) that search files in project, filtered by File types.

rowbearto

• Hero Points: 132
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 01:52:39 PM »
When doing Ctrl+/ (find all references) or Ctrl+. (go to definition), I would like a way to limit which projects in my workspace are searched - just as it is possible to choose the projects in the "Find in Files".

dwc309

• Community Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 04:28:40 PM »
I'd like to see that all searches including Go to Definition of, Go to Reference of, the tool window files, and all other similar configurations all have the capability to be limited to the active project.

dwc309

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 04:41:31 PM »
I'd also like that to be a single selection in a new entry to the main tools window entitled General, where program wide selections can be made that override everything that can be affected by a selection in this tool.

JeffB

• Hero Points: 14
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 02:43:15 PM »
It'd be nice if whenever there was an option for "Current Project", such as in the "Look in" option of the Find Dialog, it would display the name of the current project, such as: "Current Project (ABCProj)"

hs2

• Hero Points: 292
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 09:32:35 PM »
What about going 1 step further and add all projects of the current workspace to the drop down list ? The current project could be marked.
On the other hand the list could get just too long with large workspaces ..
HS2