Author Topic: Better performance for C#  (Read 2282 times)

MichaelBate

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Better performance for C#
« on: October 31, 2009, 03:31:14 AM »
Someone previously mentioned the "almost unusably slow" .cs file editing.  I have a state of the art PC (Intel i7, 3 gigs of RAM, Windows 7 64-bit) and do mainly CSharp programming.  It can be frustrating waiting for SE to respond to keystrokes.

Since CSharp is becoming more and more widely used, it seems to me that this is something you should address ASAP.

myrkle

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Re: Better performance for C#
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 08:41:20 PM »

Just want to add my vote to an earlier suggestion by Wanderer: Please improve handling of .xaml.cs/.xaml files. In its current state, Slickedit is borderline useless if you're dealing with WPF/Silverlight code. No code completion, etc. for anything defined in the .xaml files.

vivitron

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 10
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 06:36:02 PM »
C#: Offer the option to implement an interface in a class... perhaps only when you right click on the interface.
Code: [Select]
public class SomeAwesomeClass : IAwesomeInterface
    {

}

So when I right click on IAwesomeInterface, offer to generate the code stubs (implicit or explicit) to satisfy the interface requirements...

Seems like this should be easy since you already have the interface in the symbol / tag viewer.

Phil Barila

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 61
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 08:02:47 PM »
Much better C# XMLdoc comment handling.  The /// expansion is a nice start, but it's only a start.  It would be nice if SE would offer to complete tags for me, like VS does.  If in an XMLdoc comment block, I type '<', VS will offer me a valid list of keywords, and after I select one, it will close the new tag block properly.  Really like to have this capability in SE, as I end up using VS to insert tags, and then SE, with its superior completion capability, to fill in the contents of those tags.

nelsonhf

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 04:53:05 PM »
Support for "remarks" in XMLDocs (especially for C#):
- Recognize the keyword in comments (i.e. auto-close)
- Add a tab for it in document/Edit XML Comment (as for "example")