Author Topic: Categorised bookmarks  (Read 790 times)

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 325
Categorised bookmarks
« on: March 28, 2012, 04:13:32 am »
I would like "categorised bookmarks" so that I can have multiple sets of bookmarks within a workspace and choose which set of bookmarks is active at any one time.  This is so that I can have e.g. a dozen key places within a project that I can go to quickly but when I'm working on a particular piece of code (especially when "re-factoring") I want to have 3 or 4 places that next-bookmark prev-bookmark step me through without going through the wider set of bookmarks.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 325
Re: Categorised bookmarks
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 12:38:21 pm »
I would like "categorised bookmarks" so that I can have multiple sets of bookmarks within a workspace and choose which set of bookmarks is active at any one time.  This is so that I can have e.g. a dozen key places within a project that I can go to quickly but when I'm working on a particular piece of code (especially when "re-factoring") I want to have 3 or 4 places that next-bookmark prev-bookmark step me through without going through the wider set of bookmarks.

Found a way to do what I want.  When I create a bookmark I can prefix the name of the bookmark with say aaa1- to get the bookmark to appear first in the bookmarks toolbar.  So I prefix my "hotspot" bookmarks with aaa1 aaa2 etc and when I pop up the bookmarks toolbar with F11, I can cursor up down one or two times to go to the one I want and press Enter.  Now I can "categorize" my bookmarks by prefixing the name with something.  I could probably write a macro that lets me step through all the bookmarks with aaa prefix if I wanted.