Author Topic: The settings dialog does not play nice with the taskbar  (Read 1650 times)

Silas Tomkyn Combermache

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
The settings dialog does not play nice with the taskbar
« on: June 17, 2012, 01:18:29 AM »
The settings dialog does not play nice with the taskbar in windows seven. I have to drag the taskbar off the bottom to press the command buttons at the bottom because this dialog is covered by the taskbar at the bottom and it cannot be dragged. This is the latest version, seventeen (same problem with sixteen). Also, this dialog is not resizeable so there is no zoom button which is the usual fix for this sort of problem. Note that I set fonts to large in windows.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: The settings dialog does not play nice with the taskbar
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 04:27:11 AM »
The settings dialog does not play nice with the taskbar in windows seven. I have to drag the taskbar off the bottom to press the command buttons at the bottom because this dialog is covered by the taskbar at the bottom and it cannot be dragged. This is the latest version, seventeen (same problem with sixteen). Also, this dialog is not resizeable so there is no zoom button which is the usual fix for this sort of problem. Note that I set fonts to large in windows.

Do you mean the the "options" dialog that you get by selecting "options" on the Tools menu?  I have Win7 64 bit and have no problems dragging the options dialog or any other dialog in either V16 or V17.  Most likely no or very few other people have had this problem or it would have been reported by now.  Have you tried pressing Alt+Space to get the System menu, then 'M' to move the window?  On my system, the options dialog remembers both its position and size.  Do you have any other dialogs that can't be dragged?  I haven't tried large fonts  - maybe you could temporarily try smaller fonts.  Do you have any desktop manager or windows manager running  - they're buggy in my experience and can do weird things.

I have the Windows taskbar at the left side of my monitor and quite often I get dialogs from a variety of applications that are partially hidden by the vertical taskbar because they align their left edge with the left of the monitor instead of the right edge of the taskbar.  I don't know whether this is Windows or the application at fault.

BTW  - your question would be better in the main SlickEdit forum as it's really a problem report rather than an improvement request - but I guess you don't realise that :)

chrisant

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 131
Re: The settings dialog does not play nice with the taskbar
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 05:15:23 AM »
I have the Windows taskbar at the left side of my monitor and quite often I get dialogs from a variety of applications that are partially hidden by the vertical taskbar because they align their left edge with the left of the monitor instead of the right edge of the taskbar.  I don't know whether this is Windows or the application at fault.
(FWIW, when that happens it's the app at fault.  It's missing a call to get the workspace area.)