Author Topic: Save configuration immediately instead of at exit  (Read 2206 times)

dunkers

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 36
Save configuration immediately instead of at exit
« on: December 02, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
When adding files to a project I am presented with all files in a directory which match the specified file filter. I would like like it to also not show files which are already part of the project. This would make it easier to pick out which files I might want to add.

Actually, I am surprised that SE doesn't already do this. Perhaps I have missed an option somewhere, in which case I would like the option to set this to be more obvious :)

rh

• Hero Points: 6
exit save config
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 01:43:39 PM »
An option to have the editor save all the things it normally saves when I exit it.  Then, I set this option to execute every 10 minutes.  As a result, I don't loose an hours worth of work (open files, look-ups, bookmarks, etc) when the editor unexpectedly crashes!

I see that I could almost do this with AutoSave, except that would require inactivity to fire the command.  If I'm busy, I currently just have to keep reminding myself to exit SE every now and then.

hs2

• Hero Points: 292
Re: Save configuration immediately instead of at exit
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 02:42:34 PM »
@rh: (gui-)save-config handles your config stuff at least.
HS2

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 526
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 02:44:44 AM »
If you launch SlickEdit and don't what your auto restore data messed up, type fexit on the command line. This command will not save unsaved files or configuration data either.  It simply exits SlickEdit.

jimlangrunner

• Hero Points: 31
  • Jim Lang - always a student.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 04:13:41 PM »
That's an awesome tip.  Every once in a while, I do something stupid and wish I could just wipe it out.