Author Topic: Most Recent Projects  (Read 1613 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
Most Recent Projects
« on: June 04, 2013, 01:27:52 AM »
Having a "Most Recent Projects" would be nice (similar to what is offered for most recent workspaces (.vpw), except for projects (.vpj) instead).

For example with workspaces, the bottom of the "Project" pull down menu shows the most recent workspaces.

But I prefer to use the same workspace and insert/remove projects from the workspace.  It has many advantages for me.

Right now the only way to insert a project is "Project->Insert Projects Into Workspace".  But then I have to navigate the filesystem to find my project file.

I'd like a way to see the most recent projects I've used as there are just maybe about 10 that I use most, so it would be easy to insert them.

Maybe the "Insert Project Into Workspace" could have a right arrow that opens another drop down that gives "Browse" as the top option, but lists some number of recent projects below the "Browse" option.

Thanks,
Rob

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
Re: Most Recent Projects
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 02:13:10 AM »
To add to my last post about "Most Recent Projects".

A history could be kept of which projects are added via the "Insert Project into Workspace".

Then this history could be used as the basis for knowing which project files are most recent.  You probably would not want to list projects that are already open in the current workspace in this list - just list some number of recent projects (previously opened with "Insert Project into Workspace") that are not currently open in the workspace.

Thanks again!

Rob