Author Topic: version for FreeBSD offered again.  (Read 1752 times)

Margaret

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
version for FreeBSD offered again.
« on: March 26, 2014, 07:27:53 PM »
I'd like to see a version for FreeBSD offered again.  I'd think the amount of work would be almost trivial, given that you already offer a Linux version.

I currently edit under XP and pass the files in to FreeBSD via Samba.  If I'm forced by Microsoft to abandon XP, I'll go to FreeBSD.  I have no desire to use 7 or 8 (eeuww!) or Linux.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: version for FreeBSD offered again.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 12:31:01 AM »
I'd like to see a version for FreeBSD offered again.  I'd think the amount of work would be almost trivial, given that you already offer a Linux version.

I currently edit under XP and pass the files in to FreeBSD via Samba.  If I'm forced by Microsoft to abandon XP, I'll go to FreeBSD.  I have no desire to use 7 or 8 (eeuww!) or Linux.

You don't need to abandon XP unless you use third party software that won't run on XP.  Use google chrome instead of internet explorer.  Windows 8 is a great operating system though.

Margaret

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: version for FreeBSD offered again.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 12:09:21 PM »
You don't need to abandon XP unless you use third party software that won't run on XP.
I thought Microsoft might be "encouraging" me to abandon XP when they refused to register my latest re-install.  But apparently my suspicions  -Microsoft's motives never seem good to me- were unfounded and it was the increasingly-buggy ASUS 990FX motherboard that was at fault, because when I swapped it out for an old Supermicro Opteron board the same reinstall registered fine.