Author Topic: Printing support for Linux  (Read 762 times)

KamPutty

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: -1
Printing support for Linux
« on: March 27, 2010, 01:02:57 am »
There is really only one improvement I would love to see.

#1. Printing support for Linux. Currently, v14 and I assume v15, the linux printing support is 100% total junk. In every other product for linux, when I print, I get a printer box where I can select the printer, and options etc. For SE, I see not that, but a CUPs SINGLE line entry. What a joke. I have to use, get ready for this, GEDIT to do my printing.

Come on guys, please fix this!

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 432
Re: Printing support for Linux
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 01:22:14 pm »
printing support on Unix is junk. Sorry it's taking a while to get this taken care of. It's still going to be a while.

pgsawyer

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 09:28:59 pm »
Thanks geneg1 for the tip.  Also, another benefit for the currently highlighted file is to access open files that are in or near the same path.

I have a few more suggestions:
1.  Printing in gray scale should have the option of highlighting keywords, etc.
2.  Printing header/footer options should include Bold.
3.  I added a custom button to the toolbar (for calling lint on the focused file), but it is only active if the file is RW.  SlickEdit shouldn't care if the file is Read-Only.

jorick

• Hero Points: 17
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 01:39:19 pm »
The ability to specify a range of lines to send to the printer.  I'm trying to debug a program where a printout is made of the function being debugged and each line has to be checked off with a marker.  I don't see if there's a way to do it short of copying a block to a separate document.  I can't even specify a page range because those selections are grayed out.

jimlangrunner

• Hero Points: 31
  • Jim Lang - always a student.
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 02:30:56 pm »
jorick - how about select the block you want to print.  I don't know if the default action is "selection only", but that's what I get when I go to print when I have a block selected.

Would that do it for you?

gfinlay

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 08:16:51 pm »
I'd like to see a new printing feature
- Support custom page border/frames.
This feature could be as simple as having a checkbox option in the print dialog to include a 1-pixel enclosed rectangular border surrounding the page content (inset from the the header and footer margins which would be outside the rectangle). This could be added much like the dividing line between the left and right side of a two-up landscape page.  The old defunct CodeWright editor had a very good print capability in this regard.