Author Topic: Finding commands on context menus  (Read 655 times)

flethuseo

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
Finding commands on context menus
« on: February 13, 2015, 05:48:34 pm »
Is there a way of knowing what context_menu I'm calling when I right click on an item in the Bookmarks, buffers, backup history, etc...  tool windows? Is there a convention in the naming of these menus?

For example, I know that the context menu for the Files tool window is in the '_tbfilelist_menu'.

JimmieC

• Hero Points: 16
Re: Finding commands on context menus
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 06:24:45 pm »
Is there a way of knowing what context_menu I'm calling when I right click on an item in the Bookmarks, buffers, backup history, etc...  tool windows? Is there a convention in the naming of these menus?

For example, I know that the context menu for the Files tool window is in the '_tbfilelist_menu'.

This is the improvements and feature suggestions forum.
Your question is best placed in the general SlickEdit support forum:
http://community.slickedit.com/index.php/board,1.0.html

Jim

Graeme

• Hero Points: 323
Re: Finding commands on context menus
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 01:52:17 am »

One way is to search the slick macros folder for some of the text e.g. in the find files dialog the right click menu has "saved search expressions" as the first menu entry.  Searching the slick macros folder for "saved search expressions" finds sysobjs.e and the _tbfindoptions_menu. 

Another way is to bring up the dialog involved and press Ctrl+Shift+space.  This opens the dialog editor - for the find dialog you can see the name of the form is _tbfind_form.  Search slick source for _tbfind_form and you see tbfind.e.  Open tbfind.e and look for rbutton  - you see _tbfind_form.rbutton_up.  Don't forget to close the two dialog editor windows.