Author Topic: C++ RTE, spell check, Telnet/ssh, improve search results  (Read 546 times)

davidoz

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
C++ RTE, spell check, Telnet/ssh, improve search results
« on: February 26, 2015, 11:48:28 am »
Things I would like to have in Slick:
•   C/C++ syntax errors checking on-the-fly + marking them in the editor (similar to Eclipse)
•   Allow permanent on-the-fly spell checking of (only) comments and strings + marking them in the editor (similar to MS Word)
•   Change font size of the Build window
•   Optionally have new files added to the project (when using wildcard in the project files dialog) in two ways: 1. Periodically (say, every 10 seconds) 2. By a single mouse click
•   Open a telnet/SSH session within SlickEdit
•   Syntax coloring of search results
•   Show multiple-files-search results using the same UI that is used for ‘find references’.

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 177
  • Text
Re: C++ RTE, spell check, Telnet/ssh, improve search results
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 04:51:33 pm »
WRT Font Size:
I don't see a setting in Options to set the build window font size, but I've bound wfont-zoom-in and wfont-zoom-out to Ctrl+WheelUp and Ctrl+WheelDown.
This works in the build window.

Things I would like to have in Slick:
•   C/C++ syntax errors checking on-the-fly + marking them in the editor (similar to Eclipse)
•   Allow permanent on-the-fly spell checking of (only) comments and strings + marking them in the editor (similar to MS Word)
•   Change font size of the Build window
•   Optionally have new files added to the project (when using wildcard in the project files dialog) in two ways: 1. Periodically (say, every 10 seconds) 2. By a single mouse click
•   Open a telnet/SSH session within SlickEdit
•   Syntax coloring of search results
•   Show multiple-files-search results using the same UI that is used for ‘find references’.