Author Topic: Ability to copy list of files from one project to another.  (Read 2219 times)

jorick

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 17
Ability to copy list of files from one project to another.
« on: December 02, 2015, 09:59:46 PM »
I have 12 projects with the same 21 include file folders.  In Project Properties->Directories, it doesn't appear to be possible to copy the list from the first project and paste it into the other 11 projects.  No shift-click to select all and no right click context menu.  This means I have to edit the .vpj files by hand, which shivers me timbers just thinking about it.

It would be nice to be able to work with include files as a block rather than line by line.

Tim Kemp

• Hero Points: 92
Re: Ability to copy list of files from one project to another.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 10:48:05 PM »
You can copy from one .vpj file to another in a text editor (i.e. SlickEdit). They are just text files.

jorick

• Hero Points: 17
Re: Ability to copy list of files from one project to another.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 02:11:50 PM »
I did.  Fortunately, SE didn't barf when I saved the file.  A restart and all the include folders were there in the project options.

But if the project doesn't have any include files yet, the Include Files tag isn't there so it's not obvious where to stick the tag.  Yes I can look at the source project but even then (for a non-XML person like me) it's still hard to see where to put it.

I just think it would be easier if it was set up so that you have a block of text with one include per line.  That way I can grab the block, put it in an editor window, and bulk-change all the directories as needed.  (Drop your project one directories level down and see how hard it is to change the directories).