Author Topic: Add option for comparison windows to put the new file on the right side  (Read 355 times)

JeffB

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 9
I'd like for all the file comparison windows to put the new file on the right side (or be configurable). For instance, a diff puts the changed/current file on the left, and the original/old file on the right.  Replace in Files/PreviewAll puts the original on the left and the modified on the right.  I think there's at least one other diff file that puts the new/modified on the right.

Jeff

rowbearto

• Hero Points: 27
I'd also like to have the option to put the new file on the right side, this is my normal convention with external diff tools and I get confused when SE puts the new file on the left.

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 112
  • Text
In Find&Replace -> PreviewAll the new file is on the right :-)

https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,15257.msg57977.html#msg57977

rowbearto

• Hero Points: 27
For diffing a modified file - if I right click on a modified tab and do "diff", new file is on the left, not the right.

When a file is modified in a different process than SE, and SE tells you, the new file is on the right as desired. Same for find&replace.

So for diffing modified file, would be nice to have the new version on the right. Maybe there are other places too?

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 112
  • Text
In the diff window, above each buffer Slick should include the last-modified time stamp.

Also a "SWAP" button would be useful  -- swapping the left and right editors.