Author Topic: Class tool window doesn't list members correctly for Ruby class  (Read 4113 times)

jbhurst

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 33
Hi,

I have a simple Ruby class open in the editor. The Class tool window attempts to show the class and members, but gets confused. See attached image.

The class Board should contain all the functions as members. Instead, only initialize is being parsed as a member, and the other functions are being shown (I guess) as top-level functions.

I think this is supposed to work, since some of the other features of the Class tool window work fine for Ruby, e.g. class hierarchy, navigate to super class.

Another point: while navigating in the buffer, it seems like there is often a long delay before the Class tool window gets updated. What is supposed to trigger updates?

Regards

John Hurst
Wellington, New Zealand

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: Class tool window doesn't list members correctly for Ruby class
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 03:03:54 PM »
Hi John,

We are aware of several tagging issues regarding Ruby...I think what you are seeing here is a parsing failure.  If you activate the Defs tab for this same file, are you seeing the same type of behavior, where not all of the appropriate functions are under Board? 

- Ryan

jbhurst

• Hero Points: 33
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 09:34:33 PM »
Ryan,

Yes, Defs has similar problems.

BTW, would this explain why prev-proc/next-proc don't work properly in Ruby? (They jump to statements within methods, as well as the method signatures themselves.)

Regards

John Hurst
Wellington, New Zealand

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 77
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 09:56:30 PM »
Yes, those problems can probably be chalked up to parsing failures as well :(.  As I said, we are working on our Ruby tagging and have some known issues in this area.  As always, if you'd like to submit some sample code to support@slickedit.com, with some problem descriptions feel free to do so...this never hurts.

- Ryan