Author Topic: "Open Folder" as in Visual Studio Code  (Read 3099 times)

schugh

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
"Open Folder" as in Visual Studio Code
« on: December 14, 2016, 05:43:26 PM »
Is there a way to "open folder" similar to what you can do in Visual Studio Code?
Where it just shows all the subfolders and the files within?
And I don't mean the folder tool window in Slickedit.
The "open folder" option in Visual Studio code is very handy at certain times and fast as it's similar to a project view.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 528
Re: "Open Folder" as in Visual Studio Code
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 09:17:28 PM »
I'm not familiar with visual studio open folder. It's sound like directory view in the Project tool window. In custom view you can do an add tree and set the options for creating folders for each directory. This takes more steps to set up but provides more configurability than directory view.

jcelle

• Hero Points: 5
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 08:22:01 AM »
Hello, today I am facing the same issue : I am creating a project each time I want to check some code under a directory and that is really painful; it would be very helpful to be able to open a directory (like any other editor) and have some docked panel to navigate in.
Note that the "Files" tool window does not work for this if, like me, you are relying on it to open files, meaning it has to be not docked.
I was wondering if I was just missing something obvious here and if anyone had any clue for this.
All the best.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 528
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 05:03:33 PM »
After starting SlickEdit, drag a directory from the File explorer over to SlickEdit and drop it. This allows you to quickly create a directory-like project or open the one you already created for this directory. If a project is already open, the directory of files is added to the project.

jcelle

• Hero Points: 5
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 06:51:57 AM »
Thanks ! That does the trick.