Author Topic: Highlight selected lines of external command output executed in slickedit shell  (Read 5694 times)

koro

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Hi,

I have a custom program that runs from the DOS command line and produces multiple lines of output.  Ideally I would like to execute the command from within slickedit and have slickedit parse the output and highlight selected lines based on a grep expression match.

To start, I added the commands as custom tools in the Project Properties -> Tools menu and redirected the output of the new tools to the Build window.

I have a couple of questions regarding this:

Is it possible to attach a macro as a hook to when these commands get executed and have the macro parse the output and highlight an entire line based on a subset of text in the line matching a grep expression?

Are the above steps are the best approach and are there are any existing macros/hooks that perform similar tasks that I could take a look at for examples.

Thanks!

TxDot

• Community Member
I can't answer your question but I want the same capability. Specifically I want to highlight the lines with compile errors in the Build output buffer.

LBCEi

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 21
It sounds like you both should look in the documentation index for "error parsing".

TxDot

• Community Member
 :-[  :-[  :-[

Thanks for the pointer.