Author Topic: Help! Commands...  (Read 520 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 111
  • Text
Help! Commands...
« on: March 15, 2017, 06:12:37 pm »
In the HELP there is little distinction between all the available macro functions, commands and non-SlickC programming help.

#1: Add @categories keywords for _command functions, and non-command functions.
Add "Commands by category"
For example, there is a help page "Selection functions", but I'd like to see another page "Selection Commands"

#2: Create a help file that excludes all of the "API Documentation", "Macros and Macro Programming", "Slick-C Macro Programming guide"  -- so it just includes the main editor documentation.
This would make the "index" and "search"  a lot more useful.

#3: Create a help file that excludes all of the "API Documentation", "Macros and Macro Programming", "Slick-C Macro Programming guide"  -- but do include the _command" SlickC APIs. It should just include the main editor documentation and the functions available for keyboard bindings.
This would make the "index" and "search" a lot more useful for general users that might do a bit of customization.

#4: Under "API Documentation" split off the "_command" type macros into their own section.
Maybe each "_command" page would be either duplicated or could be accessed either from "Macro functions by category" and "Commands by category".

mwb1100

• Hero Points: 12
Re: Help! Commands...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 06:53:52 pm »
I would love for #2 or #3 to happen.  I don't really do any macro programming for SlickEdit, so keeping the heavy-hitter stuff away from me would actually help me find the kinds of things I'm looking for in the help system.

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 111
  • Text
Re: Help! Commands...
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 05:47:01 pm »
Also add @category keywords to distinguish between commands that are just intended for supporting specific emulations and modes, vs those that are generally useful!