Author Topic: Clipboard: Copy-as  (Read 2665 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 210
  • Text
Clipboard: Copy-as
« on: April 20, 2017, 11:07:06 PM »
I have my clipboard set to use HTML format.
Unfortunately, I don't always want this because some programs don't handle the formatted text correctly, and often do not have an easy way to paste-special to strip the formatting.

I find myself toggling this HTML setting in slick, or copy from slick, paste then copy in notepad, then paste to my real target ... annoying.

OTOH, maybe you could fix the HTML format?
I find that pasting into Onenote gets inconsistent results .... The colors and formatting work, but some lines loose their indent.

Pasting a char selection (less than a line of text) into Office (outlook, word, onenote) -- Office seems to always add a newline at the end. (This doesn't happen in gmail running in chrome).

The formatting of the last character continues as I type more text in gmail, but not in office.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: Clipboard: Copy-as
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 02:01:06 PM »
I took a quick look at what is going on when pasting into OneNote, that looks a OneNote formatting issue.  It's completely disregarding leading whitespace after a blank line inside the pre block.  I have not seen that in any other Office product, I don't think there is anything we can do on our side to address that.   

I do see there is an additional newline added at the end of CHAR selection clipboard, there *may* be something there to fix, I will eventually get a look at that one, but it's low priority.  Should also be possible to add custom commands for copy-as or at least skip bypass adding formatted text to the clipboard.