Author Topic: Slickedit 21 flickers when switching windows during Find References  (Read 818 times)

AGodfrey

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
I just upgraded from 19 to 21, and I notice that now there is often (but not always) a flicker/flash when I move from one reference to another in a different file, in "Find References".
I use the "One file per window" option, in case that's relevant. It looks very much like what you see when you have no windows open and the window is filled in a light grey color. So it's like it briefly goes to a "hide all windows" state during the transition.

Kurt

Re: Slickedit 21 flickers when switching windows during Find References
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 01:20:12 pm »
I am a user of v19 and v23.  In both versions, I see the white flash all the time, but could not pinpoint exactly what causes it.  AGodfrey's scenario is one, but not something that I can reproduce at will (it's pretty random).  I was hoping it would go away in v23, but it did not.  It is really annoying.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 01:38:08 pm by Kurt »

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 401
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 04:15:51 pm »
Do you have the references tool window in the single pane or two pane mode?  I see a slight flicker in the two-pane mode, probably due to the delay caused by displaying the file in the preview window on the References tool window.  I'll see if something can be done about this.  It might be just a matter of doing some things in a different order.  I had not noticed it before, because I always work in the one pane mode.

Kurt

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 03:27:24 am »
Two-pane mode, but I think Find References is a red herring.  The following difference scenarios produces the flicker as well, although again, cannot be reproducible at will.

(1) Find Symbol window. 
(2) I tag into a function, and Back to go to where I came from.
(3) I have all the editor tabs closed.  Then, I activated the Files tab.  While typing to search for a while, it flickers.

Could it be due to Context Tagging that is happening behind the scenes, since it seems random.

I'll try to see if I can capture a video of it happening.

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 401
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 02:51:17 pm »
The next hot-fix will have a partial fix for this.  Did you try turning off the two-pane mode in the References tool window?

There is also an issue we are still looking into where the mini-map can cause a slight flicker under certain circumstances.  Try turning it off and see if that corrects the problem for you.

Tools > Options > Languages > All Languages > View > [ ] Show Minimap

Kurt

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 12:37:20 pm »
Ah yes, it does.  Looking forward for the hotfix.  Thanks!