Author Topic: Mac & Linux 2016 21.0.2 Comment Wrap line-length prefs ignored...  (Read 483 times)

jwiede

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 10
Howdy,

Found another oddity:  No matter what you value you set in C/C++ Comment Wrap's various line-length options, they always return to targeting block comments to 80 (81, really) chars wide.  This can make life a bit tough for certain print situations by forcing line wrap on every single line, and clearly is not how the functionality is intended. 

Would appreciate any suggestions/workarounds on how to control block comment width properly?

Thanks!

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 45
Re: Mac & Linux 2016 21.0.2 Comment Wrap line-length prefs ignored...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 01:03:26 pm »
I've tried it, but it's been working for me so far.  It's probably down to a difference in our settings.  Could you post your user.cfg.xml that's in the slickedit config directory?  (by default, that's in $HOME/.slickedit/21.0.2 on *nix).

jwiede

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 10
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 08:26:22 pm »
Is this (see attached) what you wanted?  This is from my Mac install of 21.0.2.

Thanks!

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 45
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 09:04:08 pm »
That's it. I'm running with your configuration, and it seems to follow the comment rules for me.  ("Automatic width" should try to preserve the width of existing comments.  That can be overridden by the "Maximum right column" of 75 so it doesn't extend past col 75, even if the existing comment already does).

For you, does it always have the problem with all comments, or just some of the comments?  Or is it not consistent when it happens?

I'll play with it some more, but if I you can make a small example file that you can reproduce the problem in, that would probably point me in the right direction.