Author Topic: Ability to have different font size for preview window  (Read 3254 times)

TKasparek

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 29
Ability to have different font size for preview window
« on: May 12, 2017, 07:00:15 PM »
I keep seeing what I assume is actually a bug where my preview window is actually set to a font size smaller than my editor window. It usually promptly fixes itself which makes me sad.  :( When in this state I can see more of my code and don't mind the eye strain of having the window I don't look at as much show more detail.

I assume the preview within references would be the same setting as the actual preview window.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
Re: Ability to have different font size for preview window
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 08:06:53 PM »
This can happen if your current buffer is non-Unicode and the symbol being previewed is in a Unicode buffer.  SlickEdit has separate font settings for Unicode and Non-Unicode buffers.  It's not a bad idea to have a separate setting for Preview Windows font size.  We do that for Diff.  I'll log a Feature Request for it.

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 210
  • Text
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 06:21:23 PM »
I updated floatToolWindows to allow assigning key for increasing the font size.
Load that macro, run bindToolwindowToggles, then Ctrl+Shift_PageUp/Down will work in the preview window.
https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,15213.0.html

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 08:00:25 PM »
Just a heads-up.  In version 23 (now in beta), you can use Ctrl+Plus / Ctrl+Minus to adjust the size of the font in both the Preview tool window editor window and the References tool window editor window.  SlickEdit will save your font size preference for your next session.