Author Topic: Keystrokes for clearning build window?  (Read 246 times)

b

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 9
Keystrokes for clearning build window?
« on: May 15, 2017, 09:44:25 pm »
SE 21.0.2.0 64-bit/HF 10; Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS/vim

Is there any hot keys or keystrokes for clearing the build window (without having to right click in the build window first)?

Some builds I want the accumulated history, and then there are times I want to manually clear it out to reset the error pointers.  But it would be nice to do so without having to have to use the mouse just to so I can right click to get the menu option to clear it.   Thanks.

davehohl

• Hero Points: 11
Re: Keystrokes for clearning build window?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 09:54:24 pm »
You can just record a macro and bind it to whatever key you want. I just did this and got the following macro code:

command clearBuildWindow() name_info(','VSARG2_MACRO|VSARG2_MARK|VSARG2_READ_ONLY|VSARG2_ICON|VSARG2_REQUIRES_MDI_EDITORCTL)
{
   _macro('R',1);
   execute('clear-pbuffer');
}

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 259
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 10:01:32 pm »
This is how I do it.  I don't know your emulation, so I'll give you CUA and hints along the way to find the keys for your emulation.

Ctrl+Shift+M (Build > Show Build)
Ctrl+A (Edit > Select All)
Del
Enter

Or you can bind the command clear_pbuffer() to a key of your choice.

b

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 10:03:53 pm »
Thank you both for the ideas.

Graeme

• Hero Points: 221
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 11:07:56 pm »
Did you know that in project properties -> tools you can enable clearing of the build window?  You could have one command that clears it and one that doesn't.

b

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 11:27:02 pm »
I do use the clear on build and variations for my various regular builds.

In my case, I have one off test programs I was building and I didn't want to have to create projects for every test app (not when up-arrow/enter in the build window does fine).  I was hoping there was something a bit more dynamic that I didn't have to set up on every project.     I hadn't come across the clear-pbuffer command in my searches, which appears to do what I wanted.  Dave's & Dennis's suggestion of binding that to a key appears to be the most optimal.