Author Topic: Disabling Tag Compiler Libraries does not work  (Read 2604 times)

sigmund

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 9
Disabling Tag Compiler Libraries does not work
« on: May 30, 2017, 07:42:55 PM »
I want to disable the C/C++ compiler libraries for "Visual Studio 2015" since I already have these files (from another disk location) in my own tag files.

So I uncheck the check box in the "Tag Compiler Libraries" dialog and hit OK, but after I press "Auto Tag..." in the "Context Tagging - Tag Files" dialog one more time the check mark is back on again!

How can I disable the tag file for Visual Studio 2015?

Here is my output from About SlickEdit:

Code: [Select]
SlickEdit Pro 2016 (v21.0.3.0 32-bit)

Serial number: WB943076
Licensed number of users: Single user
License file: C:\ProgramData\slickedit\21\slickedit.lic

Build Date: May 22, 2017
Emulation: CUA

OS Version: 10.00.0 
Memory: 33% Load, 5467MB/16292MB Physical, 7143MB/32676MB Page File, 1166MB/4095MB Virtual
Shell Information: C:\tools\JPSoft\TCMD20\tcc.exe /LD /LH
Screen Size: 2880 x 1800

Project Type: Other
Language: .cpp (C/C++)
Encoding: Automatic

Installation Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\SlickEdit Pro 21.0.3\ (non-removable drive,NTFS,24894MB free)
Configuration Directory: C:\Users\sigmund\Documents\My SlickEdit Config\21.0.3\ (non-removable drive,NTFS,24894MB free)
Migrated from: C:\Users\sigmund\Documents\My SlickEdit Config\21.0.0\

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 517
Re: Disabling Tag Compiler Libraries does not work
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 06:52:46 PM »
There are a couple of ways.  The least intrusive is to do this:

Project > Project Properties... > Compile/Link > Compiler > None

This just disables the compiler tag file for your project entirely.

The "Auto Tag..." is more of a quick-start dialog, it displays a bunch of tag files you have the option to build, pre-selects the ones that are most likely for you to want to build, and then builds them when you hit OK.  It doesn't store any settings.

If you want to try to remove a compiler tag file, you can go to Tool > Tag Files..., select the tag file and hit "Remove Tag File", but keep in mind, the compiler tag files are generated on demand, so if your project still references a particular compiler tag file, it will get rebuilt automatically, so updating your project to do specifically what you want is the better way to go about things.

sigmund

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 9
Re: Disabling Tag Compiler Libraries does not work
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 05:47:13 PM »
Adding a "None" compiler configuration and setting that one as the default fixed it, thanks.

It would make sense to gray out the check boxes in the Tools -> Tag Files... -> Auto Tag... dialog to make it clear that this dialog cannot be used to alter any settings.