Author Topic: "versioncache" error message when getting SVN history for file  (Read 157 times)

dglasser

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
I recently installed SlickEdit Pro 2016 (v21.0.1.0 64-bit) on a new Windows 10 laptop. The configuration directory was copied from my old laptop. My windows username is different on the new laptop from what it was on the old laptop.

I'm using a recent version of SVN for source control.

So I right click on the editor window, choose "Version Control >", then "History for SomeFile.css". I get an error message:

Unable to create path C:\Users\OLDUSERNAME\Documents\My SlickEdit Config\21.0.1\versioncache

which is understandable, because C:\Users\OLDUSERNAME does not exist. My config directory is now located at:

C:\Users\NEWUSERNAME\Documents\My SlickEdit Config\21.0.1, and the versioncache folder does exist beneath it.

After I dismiss the error message, another one pops up, "The version cache for repository is not initialized."

When I dismiss that error message, the history is retrieved, and it seems to work normally.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 81
Re: "versioncache" error message when getting SVN history for file
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 01:21:18 pm »
I will look and see where it is getting that path from.  I'm not sure if this will be hotfixable or not.

When the history dialog does come up, does it show branches, or just the current branch?

dglasser

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 01:26:48 pm »
>When the history dialog does come up, does it show branches, or just the current branch?

Just the current branch. In fact, I think it used to ask me each time if I wanted to see the current branch only or all branches and at one point I chose "don't show me again."

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 01:27:01 pm »
Can you reproduce the problem?

Did you recent move your configuration directory?

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 01:29:21 pm »
>When the history dialog does come up, does it show branches, or just the current branch?

Just the current branch. In fact, I think it used to ask me each time if I wanted to see the current branch only or all branches and at one point I chose "don't show me again."

If it's using that cache, it's definitely trying to show all of the branches.  You can check the setting by going to Tool>Version Control>Setup and click the Setup button.  Look at "Show branches in version history tree".

dglasser

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 01:55:24 pm »
Did you recent move your configuration directory?

Yes, it was copied from an old laptop where my username was different than it is on the new laptop.

If it's using that cache, it's definitely trying to show all of the branches.  You can check the setting by going to Tool>Version Control>Setup and click the Setup button.  Look at "Show branches in version history tree".

Yeah, that was on, and turning it off made the error message go away. I think before, when it prompted me each time, I would always choose to show the history for all branches.