Author Topic: Option to put unformatted text into clipboard, or remove background color  (Read 4140 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
Hi:

I have my SE theme set up with dark background. When I perform copy (Ctrl+C) of code from the source window, and paste it into an email (in Outlook), it still has the dark background as well as the fixed font type. Having the dark background in the pasted mail is undesirable.

Can we add an option (or different "copy" keys, instead of Ctrl+C, or with special macro) to SE to automatically perform copy into the clipboard as unformatted text, so that when I paste into other applications (such as outlook), I no longer have the formatting?

Or could it be possible to remove the background color and make it transparent, while keeping the fixed font?

Perhaps there is already an existing macro command to copy into the clipboard as unformatted text? And/or a macro to paste with the fixed font, but remove the background color? Having both would be nice.

Thanks,
Rob
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 03:57:20 PM by rowbearto »

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 526
There is an option (Tools>Options>Editing>Selections>HTML Format) for whether to generate HTML for the copy_to_clipboard command (option stored in def_clipboard_formats). Turning this off will avoid the HTML clipboard but you won't get a paste which keeps the fixed font.

Removing background color doesn't make sense but an option to specify the color profile to use for HTML format clipboards would be very useful.

rowbearto

OK, that is useful to know.

I'd still like to have a 2nd macro that I can use so that I can have a key binding for html copyto and a 2nd key binding for non-html copyto so that I can quickly choose how I want to copy/paste rather than having to go to the options menus first.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 526
We will add copy_as_html and copy_as_plain_text commands for v22. Shouldn't be hard.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:48:31 PM by Clark »

rowbearto

Thanks Clark!