Author Topic: C/C++ Beautify Continuation Indent for Function  (Read 2177 times)

stevensgb

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
C/C++ Beautify Continuation Indent for Function
« on: July 08, 2017, 07:55:55 AM »
I am using SlickEdit Pro 2016 (v21.0.3.0 64-bit) on Windows 7.  I have one problem with Beautify on C/C++.  I set "Function parameter alignment" to "Auto" which works while I am editing source code.  The continued expressions align on Parens except for an empty expression which then uses "Line continuation indent" value to indent.  Beautify acts if "align on Parens" is specified and the empty expression then aligns on the empty expression after the parens.  I do not know how to disable this feature.  This was not an issue with earlier versions.

(empty expression)
int LONG_VERBIAGE_CREATING_A_LONG_LINE func1(
      int abc)
{
}
(beautify)
int LONG_VERBIAGE_CREATING_A_LONG_LINE func1(
                                                                               int abc)
{
}

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: C/C++ Beautify Continuation Indent for Function
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 12:55:58 PM »
Please post your user.cfg.xml. I couldn't reproduce this with the default settings and your sample.

stevensgb

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 05:34:21 PM »
user.cfg.xml from directory:  C:\Users\31516\Documents\My SlickEdit Config\21.0.3

Thanks

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 11:40:48 PM »
I still can't reproduce this. You have the continuation indent set to 6 which is odd. Instead of the "int abc" being indented 3 it ends up indented by 6. That's still not what you've described where the beautified text is aligned to the open paren.