Author Topic: All Workspaces menu is sorted v21.00.03  (Read 2169 times)

JimmieC

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 17
All Workspaces menu is sorted v21.00.03
« on: July 26, 2017, 06:09:12 PM »
In Organize All Workspaces, I just created several folders and moved workspace entries into those folders from the root.

Then I selected a folder and clicked on Move Up. I got the message:
"The All Workspaces menu is sorted. Do you want to disable and manually arrange the Workspace menu?"

Looking at it, it is not sorted alphabetically. Can't be by MRU as these folders are new.

What defines sorting on this?

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
Re: All Workspaces menu is sorted v21.00.03
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 11:49:11 PM »
The menu is sorted when it is displayed.  In the Organize Workspaces dialog, it is in the order the workspaces were added (manual order).

JimmieC

• Hero Points: 17
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 10:00:09 PM »
I have to say that this still doesn't make sense to me.

The All Workspaces menu is sorted. In what fashion? I just added the folders, there was no sorting other than my manual addition of folders. I guess they added the end, is that sorting? What am I disabling to "manually arrange the Workspace" menu?

So, I opted to disable sorting (whatever sorting it is?), rearranged my projects. Now when I come back into Organize All Workspaces and select Move Up\Down, it doesn't warn me about sorting anymore.

How do I turn sorting back on?
Can I choose what the sorting criteria is, MRU, alphabetic, etc?

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 10:58:27 PM »
If you have sorting turned on, the All Workspaces menu is sorted lexicographically by filename when it is displayed.  The All Workspaces menu is displayed when you pull down the "All Workspaces" submenu from the Project menu.

The project/workspace history (the items directly on the Project menu) is always sorted MRU.

Could you post a screen capture of your options showing that you have sorting enabled and the All Workspaces menu not being sorted?  Maybe you have a weird combination of options that is exposing a bug.