Author Topic: Modified lines  (Read 3222 times)

Brandon

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 5
Modified lines
« on: August 03, 2017, 05:51:53 PM »
First of all, really glad to see enhanced web development features coming, esp with LESS.

However, there appears to be something horribly wrong with LESS and the setting to show modified lines.

If you open a LESS file, then set All Languages to show Modified Lines, the syntax highlighting disappears, and SE starts to go a bit nuts and randomly marks different lines as modified when they were not.

Also, during my testing, the comment coloration for // lines in LESS files stops working for some reason - but unfortunately I cannot easily reproduce this behavior and am unsure what triggers it to break.   Will post again if I find out ...or maybe its related to the above instability...

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: Modified lines
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 12:44:22 AM »
Thanks for posting about these issues.

Looks like Modified line display is getting very confused.

The issue with changing All Languages and setting Modified lines turning off color coding is a separate issue. If you restart, you will see your color coding.

Hard to say if the // comment lines issue is related or not. Keep an eye on it.

We will get these fixed up.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: Modified lines
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 01:30:05 AM »
Fixed for next beta.

The new Less and CSS support allows you to use the various find-tag features to go to a definition which contains properties. There are couple bugs with this that will be fixed in the next beta.

For example, if you have:
Code: [Select]
a>b {
    color: red;
}

You can use "Search>Find Symbol" and type "a>" to see the symbol "a>b". At the moment, you must add the file to a project. I like to type "f a>" on the command line and use completion but that won't work until beta 2.