Author Topic: B2 crash when doing a diff  (Read 6842 times)

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 153
Re: B2 crash when doing a diff
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2017, 04:25:38 PM »
OK.  That actually helps a lot because I know it's different from my other customer. Thank you.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 04:29:58 PM »
Is it possible that Beta 2 was the first beta you used, or that you did not use the diff dialog in Beta 1?  I'm just trying to determine if the problem happened later, or perhaps something went wrong with the conversion of that archive.

jnairb

• Hero Points: 11
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 04:34:58 PM »
I did use beta 1. I can't say with 100% certainty that I ran a diff with beta 1, but I think it's very likely that I did.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2017, 04:38:31 PM »
OK.  Based on everything I've seen I wouldn't expect it to be a conversion problem, but I had to ask.  Converting archives was very thoroughly tested, plus we're all using it here.  So if it was a very simple issue, we would have seen it.

jnairb

• Hero Points: 11
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2017, 08:25:12 PM »
It started crashing on me again, so I deleted all the diffmap.ini* files from the backup directory. And it then happened again a bit later. Took a while to find a pattern, but at least for me, after cleaning up the diffmap.ini* files and starting VS and opening my project, I can do 3 diffs. The 4th one then crashes. If I instead start over (cleanup diffmap.ini* files), start VS with no files, and open the diff dialog and just cancel (Esc), I can do that 9 times OK, but when I try to cancel the 10th time, VS crashes again.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2017, 08:29:41 PM »
Can you PM me an email address?  I'd like to send you some test code.  I know what is causing the problem (the most recent file missing), so I've put in safeguards for that, but I haven't been able to get it into that state myself without manually deleting the file.