Author Topic: B2: Smart Open Column Width hiding extensions, and column width change doesn't s  (Read 9710 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
Just changed my screen resolution to standard 1920x1080 - issue is still there.

Did you remember to:

1) Open the project
2) Open both the .cc and .hh files in editor windows?
3) Change your current directory to something that has no runcontext* files in it?
4) type "runcontext" and see only the .cc and .hh files in the listing?

I am going to try on windows next, need to install that.

rowbearto

Just tried in windows, did not reproduce. But my windows configuration is not exactly like my linux one - I did upload my linux configuration to support.slickedit.com - maybe that will help?

I did notice in windows however that after I open project, change directory, have no editor windows open, type runcontext and see just the 2 files - .cc and .hh, that after I click on one of them the height of each entry in smart open seems to change a little bit. Not sure if it is related or not.

rowbearto

The change in height after clicking 1 file also occurs in CentOS. But extension can still be seen. Only after opening both files does extension disappear.

But why is SE changing the height after clicking one of them? Maybe it is somehow related?

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 528
I'm currently running a VMWare Ubuntu VM and it doesn't allow me to select 1920 by 1024 (I can get a bunch of others). I'm sure we have machines at the office where we can reproduce that.

While I'm not seeing a clipping bug, I am seen a very suspicious problem. If I have those files open, the Name column is significantly wider (too wide IMO). Once I close those files, then the Name field is right on. This definitely looks like a bug. In fact, when I open just one of them, then a bunch of extra padding is added to the Name column again. My guess is that if we fix that, we will also fix the clipping problem you are seeing.

Note: v21 doesn't not have this bug
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:07:56 PM by Clark »

rowbearto

OK, that is good news - I look forward to trying the fix. Small correction - the resolution I tried was 1920x1080, not 1920x1024.

rowbearto

I created a bare-bones Virtualbox VM with centos 7 (guest OS) that reproduces this issue. I did this with Windows 7 as the host OS but I think other host OSes will probably work. The link to download this VM is in the instructions below.

Steps to reproduce:

Download/Install Virtualbox (it is free for commercial use, that is why I used virtualbox, current version 5.1.26 should be sufficient)
In VirtualBox, File->Import Appliance
Import the "centos7-1511.ova" that you can download from: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7AlniF_4GyYb3dWbmRkcUFUb0U
Start the VM
Maximize the screen running the VM, since Virtualbox guest additions is installed on the VM, the guest OS should fill the screen
at login screen, provide password "setest" for the user of same name
Wait for desktop to come up
Right click on desktop and select "Konsole"
$ cd /home/setest/slickedit-pro2017beta2/bin
$ ./vs &
In SE, Project->Open Workspace
Navigate to folder: /home/setest/Downloads/file01/public/clark/runcontext-project/runcontext
Open workspace: runcontext.vpw
In Smart Open tool window, navigate to /home/setest/Downloads/file01/public
Type "runcontext"
Double click on "RunContext.hh"
Double click on "RunContext.cc"
Notice that the extensions are hidden and problem is reproduced

I also created a VM snapshot with this issue reproduced, but not sure if that is available in the appliance that you can import.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
Reproduced using your VM.  Strange problem, given that the clipping seems to relate to the files being open or not.

rowbearto

Still see this issue on RC2 :(

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
Sorry but a fix for this won't make RC 3 or the initial release which will be very soon. This will either be hot fixed or fixed in the first point release.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
This will be fixed in the next build (RC 4)