Author Topic: B2: Something "wonky" going on with color theme & symbol color selections...  (Read 2045 times)

jwiede

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 12
Sorry for the vague initial report, I'm still having difficulty pinning down the precise pathology occurring.  This is occurring on macOS 10.12.5, with SE22 Beta2.

What I'm experiencing is that changing "Symbol Coloring" selections in the "Color" prefs does not always change the actual symbol coloring behavior for the editor, even after hitting "Accept"/"OK".  Previously, changing the "Symbol Coloring" entry would cause the preview to change to the newly-selected symbol coloring, but currently that doesn't always seem to reliably occur.  Further, when it doesn't occur, despite a change being shown in the "Symbol Coloring" drop-down selection, even hitting "Accept"/"OK" will not reliably cause the actual (stored) Symbol Coloring selection to change.

Unfortunately, this problem is not 100% reproducible, and as I noted above, I'm having trouble pinning down the precise cases when it occurs.  I will report back further if/when I have a more precise diagnosis, but wanted to let the devs know that something odd is occurring so perhaps they can catch the problem.

P.S.  On a somewhat-related note, many of the new symbol coloring sets are not properly set up for use with the new or existing color themes, and need their "compatibility" changed.  I see some indication this might relate to the behavior I'm seeing above, but it isn't as simple as SE just refusing to allow selection of an incompatible symbol coloring theme (it often will allow it, and even compatible symbol coloring themes' selection doesn't always "stick").

jwiede

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 12
BTW, anyone else witness anything similar to what I've described with v22b2 (Mac or otherwise)?