Author Topic: B3 install did not respect slickedit.lic file in config directory  (Read 1930 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
B3 install did not respect slickedit.lic file in config directory
« on: September 06, 2017, 01:29:24 PM »
I put my beta license file in the config/22.0.0 directory named "slickedit.lic", because sometimes we install SE in dirs that are not writable.

When I installed B3, it prompted me for a license file, but I already had the slickedit.lic file in my 22.0.0 directory. I pressed cancel.

Then when I tried to run B3 it started normally and found my slickedit.lic file.

So during the install, should SE not prompt for a license file if it already finds a valid slickedit.lic file in the 22.0.0 directory?

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: B3 install did not respect slickedit.lic file in config directory
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 02:37:23 PM »
Do you specify a configuration directory when you launch SlickEdit (-sc configpath) or use an environment variable (SLICKEDITCONFIG) or do you use the default configuration path (/home/user/.slickedit)?  It should handle the case where the default configuration is used, and also should handle the environment variable case as well as long the variable is set during install.  The only case that would likely fail is where the configuration path is always specified on command-line.

rowbearto

• Hero Points: 132
Re: B3 install did not respect slickedit.lic file in config directory
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 02:41:02 PM »
Aha, you are right, I am specifying -sc, I just totally forgot about that because I invoke slickedit from a script that has the -sc embedded. So that is the explanation, because the installer is using the default config directory.

I didn't realize there is a SLICKEDITCONFIG environment variable - I should think about using this for next install.