Author Topic: Dark Theme UI  (Read 2838 times)

satishmohan

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Dark Theme UI
« on: September 06, 2017, 10:44:21 PM »
I don't know if its just me but the Slick Dark Theme UI doesn't look visually pleasing on MacOS :)

The icons colors/contrasts in the tree view and toolbar etc somehow don't seem very smooth - unlike other dark UIs such as Atom etc.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 54
Re: Dark Theme UI
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 12:16:15 AM »
Toolbar and tool window icons are adjustable in size and style from Options>Appearance>Tool Window and Toolbar Options, so hopefully you've tried them. Tree icon size (but not style I think) is adjustable. Anything else, please be more specific. We will, of course look at Atom (among others) to compare.

++rodney

satishmohan

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 05:08:15 PM »
Here are two screens shots - one with Slickedit dark theme UI and other with Atom.

I think one of the issues is that there are light borders around all the UI elements in Slick - whereas Atom looks smoother (again this my personal opinion - I realize UI might be subjective :-)

Also the bitmaps of the tree view icons have white areas around them - they are not blending in well with the dark UI.

Hope these can be addressed.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 54
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 05:09:30 PM »
The outlines of the icons is being addressed.

satishmohan

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 10:45:18 PM »
Thanks! Also I notice in the screenshots posted by other members, that the dark UI seems a bit more pleasing to the eye on Windows compared to MacOS. On MacOS the contrast between the white font versus the dark background seems a bit harsh.

Could this be toned down a bit?

Thanks!