Author Topic: Make Search Dialog Box Non-Persistent  (Read 2103 times)

LouieM

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Make Search Dialog Box Non-Persistent
« on: September 08, 2017, 01:23:07 AM »
Previously in SlickEdit, after performing a search, the search dialog box would go away.  Now it is persistent, which requires me to click it away.  Please make persistence optional.  This is a real hot-point in the user interface.  Right up there with tabs vs spaces.  If you want to persist it somewhere, how about the status bar.  A lot of other programs put the search controls out of the way on the status bar.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 528
Re: Make Search Dialog Box Non-Persistent
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 02:49:16 AM »
Are you talking about the mini find dialog? There are a lot of search dialogs.

LouieM

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 03:45:16 AM »
I'm pretty sure that is the one I'm talking about.  For me, it is the dialog box that comes up when I search for a word in a file, or it may be called "find in file", usually attached to the F3 key or Ctrl-F.  I have to either click it away, or Esc it away.  It used to just go away by itself in all previous versions of SlickEdit that I have used.

I've attached a picture.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 01:08:37 PM »
The default behavior for the new Mini-find window is to do a find-next on enter key.  There is an option to dismiss the mini-find on Enter, turn on Options > Editing > Search > Mini window options > Close on Enter Key.  Or you can optionally return to using the Tool window Find and Replace in options, Options > Editing > Search > Additional options > Default Find and Replace GUI and set it from Mini to Tool Window.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:13:13 PM by Lee »

LouieM

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 04:43:36 PM »
Awesome!  Thanks Lee.  That's just what I wanted.