Author Topic: Copy path to clipboard gives error  (Read 2624 times)

ChuckInDodgeville

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Copy path to clipboard gives error
« on: September 08, 2017, 02:22:38 AM »
I'm using Codewright emulation.  I have a project open, many files.  I right click and select "copy path" (which is a very useful feature!).  I get a dialog saying:
    file=optionsxml.ex offset=17509
Then the Slick-C stack says:
 Control -ctl-tree referenced but does not exist
optionsxml.ex 17509 copy_options_path()   p_window_id: 420   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name:

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: Copy path to clipboard gives error
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 12:51:08 PM »
Right clicking on the File Tab has a "Copy Full Path to Clipboard" menu item.

Looks like you tried to run the copy_options_path on an Editor window which isn't supported. This command does something very different than what you want.

ChuckInDodgeville

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 03:31:46 PM »
"This command does something very different than what you want."
Indeed, it pops up an error message when I wanted to copy the path to the clipboard.

I observe that the "Copy file path to clipboard" entry is present in the right click menu when I am moused over the edit window.  It makes sense for this option to be present when moused over the edit window.  At that point I want the path to the file I'm editing.  It's an option I've often wished for.
I observe that "copy path to clipboard" is a working right click option when I mouse over the file list in the "open" pane.  But this option is lacking when I mouse over the "files" pane (which lists the files now open).

In earlier versions of Slick, I would do a "save as" and then copy the path displayed.  The right click option to copy the path is very useful in any pane displaying a file.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 03:55:38 PM »
Seems like the Files tool window should have those options too. We will look into this

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 09:02:40 PM »
Copy path to clipboard and copy name to clipboard has been added to the Files tool window context menu. Available in next build.