Author Topic: Debug layout  (Read 3848 times)

dunkers

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 36
Debug layout
« on: May 16, 2007, 08:23:44 pm »
When I hit debug (using a custom GDB to debug a remote target, if this makes a difference) the open windows and toolbars change signficantly. I use a layout that has two edit window, so when the debug watch/stack/etc windows open it pushes on edit window half out of the SE frame. Not a problem as such, more just messy. My edit navigation toolbars disappear, and some other things that distract me occur. Fortunately, everything returns to normal afterwards.

What I want to know is how can I change the debug layout so that it's more comfortable, and if I do so will that affect my main layout when I finish debugging?

Tim Kemp

• Hero Points: 91
Re: Debug layout
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 11:46:50 am »
Setting all the tabbed toolbars in debug mode to auto-hide made my editing windows fit a lot better.

dunkers

• Hero Points: 36
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 05:43:14 pm »
That doesn't screw up your non-debug setup?

Actually, thinking about this, a nice button to click that saves the layout and everything as a named object (like the themes) would be really nice. Sometimes I'm doing something that would be better with a different layout, but I don't want to change anything because it's such a drag getting it all back to how it was.

And, yes, I do whine horribly if my girlfriend even thinks of moving the drivers seat in the car :)

Tim Kemp

• Hero Points: 91
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 11:51:47 am »
That doesn't screw up your non-debug setup?

No, they seem to be independent of each other.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 02:05:29 pm by TimKemp »