Author Topic: v22: Beta one lost Ctrl+= keybinding  (Read 1482 times)

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 325
v22: Beta one lost Ctrl+= keybinding
« on: September 14, 2017, 11:59:07 am »
In V21.0.3 I had Ctrl= bound to "diff".  Upgrading to beta one it changed to wfont-zoom or something.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:31:19 pm by Clark »

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 444
Re: Beta one lost Ctrl+= keybinding
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 01:13:06 pm »
There's a standard of Ctrl+- and Ctrl+= decreasing/increasing font size. I'm not a fan either. I always rebind Ctrl+= to diff. diff was moved to Ctrl+Shift+=. I pretty much never change my font size and I use diff all the time.

Note that with the new config data storage mechanism, only your differences are stored (at least that's the idea). That way you get system changes. In this rare case, you got a system change you didn't want.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 137
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 07:53:19 pm »
I'll chime in on this too.  I wasn't initially a fan, but I've adapted, because as I continue to avoid reading glasses, I'm sure eventually the zoom function will come in handy ;).

rowbearto

• Hero Points: 119
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 06:24:11 pm »
Didn't know there was a standard zoom command now, I had made my own macro for this.

I find zooming useful when a colleague comes to my desk and we need to look at code together, then I can make it bigger.

I have another macro so that I can restore to my default font size for after the meeting is over.