Author Topic: Beta3: Use regular expression option not propagated in config migration  (Read 2809 times)

microcode

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 10
V22 Beta 3
Windows 7 64-bit

When migrating the config from V21.0.3, the state of the "Use" checkbox for the regular expression option in the Find tool window does not seem to get copied into the new V22 config.  The option is disabled in V22 even though I have it enabled in V21.  But the selected regular expression mode is migrated correctly.

I think this issue existed in earlier betas, but I was just never sure if I had disabled the option in V21 before installing V22.  But now I've confirmed that when doing a new install of V22, that option is not migrated correctly when it is enabled in V21.

microcode

• Community Member
Re: Beta3: Use regular expression option not propagated in config migration
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 02:15:03 PM »
I just realized that the "Match Case" option is enabled in V22 even though it was disabled in V21.0.3.  So maybe the issue is that the "Use" regex option is mistakenly copied into the "Match Case" option during the migration.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 02:23:16 PM »
Thanks for the report.  Good observation, I was able to reproduce this.  I will investigate.

Update:  Found it, fixed for next drop.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:07:29 PM by Lee »

microcode

• Community Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 03:12:24 PM »
I still see this issue in V22 RC1.  I uninstalled all previous beta versions and removed the V22 config and vsdelta directories, then did a new install of RC1.  These two options are not migrated from my 21.0.3 config.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 04:50:48 PM »
I am not seeing it in my build, at least for a simple test configuration.  Could you zip up your 21.x configuration and post it?  I could try that and see if I missed something on migration with your specific configuration.

microcode

• Community Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 06:36:30 PM »
It must have something to do with Brief emulation.  I can reproduce the problem with new configs:

1. Run 21.0.3 with a new config:
Code: [Select]
"c:\Program Files\SlickEdit Pro 21.0.3\win\vs.exe" -sc C:\Temp

2. In the setup wizard, select Brief emulation and leave everything else as default.
3. Change config option to use the search tool window rather than Mini.
4. Open a file and search for something.  Make sure Match Case is disabled and Use regex is enabled.
5. Close 21.0.3
6. Run V22 RC1 and migrate the config:
Code: [Select]
"c:\Program Files\SlickEdit Pro 22.0.0\win\vs.exe" -sc C:\Temp
7. The same file should be open, so search for something.  Notice Match Case is enabled and Use regex is disabled.

However, if I go through that same process but leave the emulation as CUA in the setup wizard, then the problem does not occur (step 7 has Match Case disabled and Use regex enabled as expected).

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 06:43:33 PM »
Yep, I can definitely reproduce it using Brief emulation.  That's the piece I was missing.

This will be fixed for next RC candidate.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:57:48 PM by Lee »