Author Topic: Mini find new shortcut keys aren't documented  (Read 2610 times)

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Mini find new shortcut keys aren't documented
« on: September 15, 2017, 12:40:55 PM »
Mini find has some new shortcut keys that aren't documented in the help.
Ctrl\  Ctrl/  A-S-K  A-S-X  Ctrl-TAB  Ctrl-enter, maybe others.

Looks like I'm gonna have to customise docsearch.e again to get what I want.

Since enter searches forward, why not shift enter for searching backwards  - a lot easier to use and remember than Alt B to toggle the search direction which gives no indication which direction it's going.

Why not Alt-enter for the menu; ctrl-shift-enter for exit back to where you started and list all occurrences.  The hard coded key binding of Ctrl-enter for go back to where the search started isn't going to work for me because I have Ctrl-enter bound to gui-find so if I use it when the mini find is active it brings up the big find dialog.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: Mini find new shortcut keys aren't documented
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 01:26:15 PM »
Some new commands were added with this release, so docs do need updating.  The Ctrl+Enter that is currently assigned was for debugging at one time, can't remember if that was a previous beta suggestion or just forgot to take it out.   I do like these suggestions.  It already supports binding for find-prev, but Shift+Enter could works there too.  I can't remember if there were technical issues with using Shift+Enter/Alt+Enter with the combo/textbox control earlier that I avoided using them.  Will have to go back and look.

Graeme

• Hero Points: 347
Re: Mini find new shortcut keys aren't documented
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 07:49:14 PM »
Hi Lee
Thanks for making shift-enter go backwards.  I see you've made ctrl-shift-enter go back to the start instead of ctrl-enter.

I've realised that I can make a command of my own (called my-gui-find) that calls gui-find which allows me to use Ctrl-enter as a hard-coded keybinding in the mini-find dialog.  Hence the hard-coded bindings that would suit me best are shown in the code below.  If you feel like adding a hard-coded keybinding for Ctrl-enter I would be pleased...  It means I can hit ctrl-enter to bring up mini-find then ctrl-enter (or ctrl-shift-enter) again to exit mini find and list all occurrences of the word at the cursor or whatever I'm searching for.  BTW I think ctrl-shift-enter wasn't listed in the help file.

One other thing, I'm getting some black dots on the double down arrow button in mini-find - using 22.0.0.6.

Code: [Select]
   case name2event('C_S_ENTER'):
      _ds_goto_start();
      doListAll(GREP_AUTO_INCREMENT);
      return;
   case name2event('C_ENTER'):
      _ds_goto_start();
      return;