Author Topic: Beta3: Selection sometimes unselects itself  (Read 2356 times)

texasaggie97

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 4
Beta3: Selection sometimes unselects itself
« on: September 15, 2017, 02:26:22 PM »
I am using Windows 10 1703 x64.

I cannot reliably reproduce this, but occasionally, I will select some text to copy it or replace it, and then when I go to hit ctrl-c or ctrl-v, the text is no longer selected so I end up copying the entire line, or pasting into the middle of whatever I was trying to replace.

I am mainly editing Python files now so that is where I am seeing it. I will try to pay attention to see if it happens in other file types. I only thought of that possibility as I was typing this.

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 210
  • Text
Re: Beta3: Selection sometimes unselects itself
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 03:17:56 PM »
I have seen this too - but usually I'm left wondering what I did wrong. No clear repro.

mwb1100

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 13
Re: Beta3: Selection sometimes unselects itself
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 06:34:15 PM »
I saw this too on Beta 2 and reported it as part of another problem here:

- https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,15485.msg58954.html#msg58954

But it (and my original problem) stopped happening in Beta 2 and hasn't happened in Beta 3.  It stopped in Beta 2 after I installed SE v21 on that system to see if it also reproed there.  I can't say if that's why it stopped happening in V22 B3 or if it was just a coincidence.

A couple other users reported seeing the problem in that thread.  It seems that it's definitely an issue, but there are no definitive repro steps.

I'm running on Linux Mint 18.2 x64.