Author Topic: Add "Web Search" to standard search options  (Read 97 times)

Bill Alexander

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Add "Web Search" to standard search options
« on: September 25, 2017, 01:21:09 pm »
One thing I constantly find myself doing in my 7+ years of using SlickEdit is selecting word or phrase in the editor, copying it to the clipboard, then pasting that into a Web Browser search page (e.g. Google). It would be handy to add "Web Search" to the standard search options. For example, when you right click on a word, you get the popup to do a "Quick Search", "Quick Replace", etc. Adding "Web Search" would save me oodles of time. Also adding a Web Search feature to the "Find and Replace" dialog would be just as handy. In the "Look in:" pull down list, we have "Current Buffer", "All Buffers", "Project", "Workspace". Adding a "Web Search" option would be great.

Thanks

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 226
Re: Add "Web Search" to standard search options
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 10:44:06 pm »
One thing I constantly find myself doing in my 7+ years of using SlickEdit is selecting word or phrase in the editor, copying it to the clipboard, then pasting that into a Web Browser search page (e.g. Google). It would be handy to add "Web Search" to the standard search options. For example, when you right click on a word, you get the popup to do a "Quick Search", "Quick Replace", etc. Adding "Web Search" would save me oodles of time. Also adding a Web Search feature to the "Find and Replace" dialog would be just as handy. In the "Look in:" pull down list, we have "Current Buffer", "All Buffers", "Project", "Workspace". Adding a "Web Search" option would be great.

Thanks

You could try this, don't know if it still works.
https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,5036.msg20902.html#msg20902