Author Topic: RC1 Toolwindow icon size problems  (Read 3133 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 210
  • Text
RC1 Toolwindow icon size problems
« on: September 25, 2017, 06:19:41 PM »
After clean config and import of options from b3 to RC1.
I noticed that the icons in Regex tool were really small, so I used tools->options to adjust.

#1: It takes a long time after changing the icons size and hitting apply before Slick is responsive again.
It is long enough that Windows complained that Slick was not responding and I almost killed it.

#2: The icons in Regex tool do not change size - even after restarting Slickedit.

#3: The icons in Options get bigger, but the small bitmaps are still displayed
See attachment showing Options and the icons in RegEx after changing the size and hitting Apply.

#4: After restarting Slickedit, open Tools->Options.
The nav icons in the top right are messed up - sometimes blank, sometimes just the up arrow - until you move or resize the Options window.
See 2nd attachment.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 515
Re: RC1 Toolwindow icon size problems
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 08:53:31 PM »
#1)  Takes less than a second on my machine.  Could you profile this and post the results?  It is possible that the time is being consumed resetting the tool windows, especially if you have a large project loaded.

#2) This is by design.  The same goes for the icons in the Files tool window, Class tool window, and various others.  They are sized to match the height of the label that they are aligned with in the top row.

#3) I do not understand how this is different from what you are reporting in #2.

#4) Got it, will fix for next drop.

jporkkahtc

• Text
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 09:05:14 PM »
WRT #3: Look at that first image ... in the top-right of Options.
Note that the size of the buttons is large, but the bitmaps inside the button are very small.

Dennis

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 10:14:50 PM »
For #2), I am putting in a modification to several tool windows to allow the buttons on the tool window to be slightly larger than what they align with, provided the toolbar button size is also larger.  This includes the Regex tool window.  The buttons still will not grow the the same size as the largest toolbar button option (unless the dialog font is very large) but it will make them more visible, which is what you want.

jporkkahtc

• Text
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 11:03:52 PM »
Nice. I wasn't looking for "Extra large" in these cases, but the current ones are pretty small.
The icons in the Open tool look especially small.

Dennis

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 11:05:36 PM »
Yes, there was also a calculation error in the resizing that I've cleared up.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Dennis

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 04:11:59 PM »
Reproduced the problem with your configuration.  Probably too late for RC2 though, but this should be hot-fixable.