Author Topic: Random characters are inserted  (Read 3844 times)

pharsh22

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Random characters are inserted
« on: September 26, 2017, 05:17:35 PM »
I have a windows laptop and another windows machine which I login remotely. I normally use my remote desktop to use slickedit. When I switch from my remote desktop to my laptop and go back to my remote desktop, slickedit inserts a random character somewhere in the file. Sometimes it looks like a diamond, sometimes a fancy arrow and sometimes isn't visible at all, but is there.

It gives me nasty compilation errors when I compile a file with these invisible nasty characters.

Is there a way I can stop slickEdit from inserting characters in my file whenever I switch between my laptop and remote machine.

Thanks.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: Random characters are inserted
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 07:26:13 AM »
I haven't understood what you're doing.
Lets say you have a desktop at work and a laptop at home.  Your source code and slickedit are on the work machine.  At home you use Windows Remote Desktop on your laptop to log into your work machine.

On your laptop, when you switch focus from RD to something else on your laptop then back to the RD app, your source file on your work machine has an unexpected character  - is that correct?

If so, it's not likely to be slickedit generating the character.  Try it with some other app open on the remote machine e.g. notepad or WORD  and see if you get a strange character.